Monday, March 2, 2015

Refreshed

22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:22-24

I believe I am entering a new season in my walk with Jesus-walking with him the past twenty-something years has been amazing, sweet, challenging, life-altering.  I believe surrender is something all of us battle in varying degrees, as we walk with our Lord. 


For me, strong-willed, fiercely independent in some areas, and stubborn, this act of surrender has been wrought with many attempts and not much success upon first glance. However, each season has taught me something, whether it was joyous or difficult.

While at a beautiful day spa, Glen Ivy Hot Springs, with a friend, I noticed how some women exhibited an air of ... peace, confidence, freedom. Thinking about this later, I realized, " I want that!" At a birthday party for my thirty-year-old niece, I spoke with a woman in her mid-fifties. I mentioned my observation to her and she affirmed my thoughts. She said, "You get to the point where you don't care-about the wrinkles, what people think." 

Recently, I joined a group of women of various ages, to pray. As we sat in a circle sharing our praises and prayer requests, I realized with much gratefulness just what a blessing it was to be surrounded by these women, many of whom have weathered great trials, tragedies and joys during their journeys with Christ.  The verse in Titus cakes to mind, "Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:3-5

Ladies who are followers of Jesus, I exhort you to pray and ask the Lord to reveal to you who he would have you to mentor and who is the mentor in your life? These relationships need not be formal, yet they are imperative to maturity in Christ.  Involvement in this kind of relationship has many benefits, one of which is it helps to keep us accountable. We think a bit more seriously about our actions, comments and behaviors when we know we are in the privileged position to speak into someone else's life. 

I am honored the Lord has allowed me various opportunities in recent years to speak to women regarding parenting, homeschooling, discipline, or relational challenges. I take seriously the responsibility and receive much joy walking alongside others.

May you experience a closer walk with Jesus as he uses you to speak life and his truths into the lives of others.

Pattie






No comments:

Post a Comment