Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Divine Incidences

Divine appointments are similar in nature to GodincidencesGod winks, and checks in your spirit. These Christianese terms all refer to ways that Christians feel like God is trying to steer us into a specific encounter or experience so that we can serve God or maybe play a part in the lives of other people-www.dictionaryofchristianese.com
Coincidence- a situation in which events happen at the same time in a way that is not planned or expected-www.merriam-Webster.com

The above definitions reflect similar thoughts about a topic all of us have experienced at one time or another. I choose to believe that our God, in his desire to let us know how much we are truly loved, arranges Godincidences in our lives.

Recently, I have experienced firsthand, several of these faith-occurrences. If you do not subscribe to this theory of God-inspired interactions in daily life, you may choose to not continue reading; if you are curious or need encouragement regarding this phenomenon, read on!

I have a dear friend from Hawaii and we spoke on the phone a few weeks back. In conversation, I mentioned I was in Chino Hills, CA for an afternoon. She asked if she had told me about her friend Norma, who also lives in Chino Hills. I told her no, she had not mentioned her to me before. She proceeds to tell me all about this woman and how we would be great friends. She went as far giving both me and Norma each other's  phone numbers.

We talked on the phone and became friends on Facebook (sounds so strange to see that in print-virtual friends with someone I have never met?). This past Friday we met for lunch and truly enjoyed getting to know each other.

The next day, while watching my son's soccer game, I see his girlfriend, her sister, and her mom (who live in Chino Hills) who came to watch the game. We're chatting and I mention that I met a new friend for lunch who also lives in Chino Hills. The mom asks me my friends name and I say, "Norma." Excitedly, she says, "Not Norma ---?" "Yes, that's her," I say.

Come to find out, my son's girlfriend's parents took a parenting class many years back at their church. Yes, Norma and her husband taught the classes! In fact, his girlfriend's parents went on to pair up with them and facilitate those same classes at the church. 

When I spoke with Norma Saturday evening, she was as surprised as I was at this 
"Godincident".  She thinks very highly of this family, which of course, blesses my heart (not 
that I didn't already know that).  I know the Lord used this to affirm the peace I have about their new, blossoming friend/relation-ship.

In case you're enjoying this, here is one more "Go God" incident.  While my friend was in town last month, we visited her aunt in Newport Beach-she invited us to her weekly bible study. At the end, one of the women, Rita, asks me if I craft. "I can copy" I tell her. She invites me to a monthly crafting time which meets in her garage. Two weeks ago, I attended (along with a dear friend and her mother-in-law) my first Women at the Cross gathering.

Being the first to arrive (no surprise if you know me😄), Rita showed us around her lovely, beach-cottage home, filled with love and many for crafts, photographs and projects. She told 
us how this group of women began meeting:  eight years ago, Rita's adult daughter was 
killed by a driver who was speeding. In the midst of her grief, she walked into her garage 


and began crying out to her Lord. The outcome of that time? A wooden cross, with shells glued onto it. This was the beginning of this powerful, regular meeting of Jesus-loving women of various ages and stages.

As I drove home during Friday traffic on I-5, tears rolled down my face; "Thank you, Jesus, for answering one of my prayers". Since moving back to Southern California, I have been praying and asking the Lord for friends. In every place we have lived, he has been faithful to provide godly, fun, passionate women in my life. That day I rejoiced again, as he has proven himself faithful. Thank you, Lord for Shannon, Jill, Amber, Lisa, Stacie, Odette, Jodi, Jody, Rebecca, Marcia, Mandy, and Cindy V.

Pattie








No comments:

Post a Comment